Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Super Tuesday Redux

Thank you to everyone that came out to our Super Tuesday party last night, and a special thanks to those who agreed to do media interviews.

As a McCain supporter, I'm very pleased with the results. McCain performed quite strongly and has further defined himself as the clear frontrunner. Romney was on the cable news shows this morning still vowing to fight on though.

Watching the morning news shows, I'm finding myself more and more disgusted with Huckabee. He was asked on Fox News about the tornados in the south and rather than just expressing his sorrow he turned it into a campaign pitch about his 10 1/2 years as governor. I saw him later in the hour on CNN - I'd be very interested if someone could tell me just how he contributed to strengthening national security as governor of Arkansas for 10 1/2 years (he really loves to throw out that figure) - this is not an exaggeration, he seriously made this claim.

I'm interested to see the reaction from Ron Paul supporters today - with less delegates than uncommitted, things aren't looking too promising for him.

The Democratic race remains close - as much as I'd like to see Obama pull ahead and give Clinton an early defeat, I still believe she's more likely to rile up our base to get out and vote in November.

Just a reminder - the NYYRC does not endorse during a primary election.