Monday, January 09, 2006

Alito Hearing Update 1

I've turned off the heater under my desk because there's more than enough hot air coming out of the hearing coverage on CNN. (yes, still stuck w/ CNN , and only CNN, at work.) Sen. Kennedy just said, "Judge Alioto".

My personal take so far -- I had the volume on during the beginning of the hearing, while Judge Alito was introducing his family, and I couldn't help but think that any minute Richard Dawson was going to appear to start The Family Feud. "Richard, I brought here with me today...."

Question 1, top 5 answers are on the board. We asked 100 people: What does today's trendy, hot button political issue ("spying") have to do with one's ability to interpret the Constitution? Can't they think beyond modern headlines and look at the bigger picture? (Okay, rhetorical question.)

SURVEY SAYS!