Sunday, February 12, 2006

Now that’s what life’s about!

It’s so easy to get caught up with life’s daily events that it’s easy to forget why we’re here. Every once and awhile life gives us those precious moments like today’s snow that put it all into perspective.

I just came back inside from shoveling the snow in front of the house with my little guy and we had so much fun. There we were father and son, my big shovel his little Home Depot shovel for kids as we spent quality time making a memory out of something I usually dread. It was so funny how he tried to copy every move I made, picking up snow and trying to throw it over the fence. As I watched him it reminded me of when I was little, spending time with my dad in the snow.

This is what the purpose of life is. Not to get the best job, not to be the most popular, not to have the latest electronic gadget but to continue the miracle of the family and its special bonds since the beginning of time.