Monday, November 07, 2005

Dumb

My one-word summary of last night's live West Wing debate.

Honestly, last night was the first "episode" I've ever watched in its entirety. I've tried to watch it once or twice before but just couldn't get into it.

I thought the concept was interesting but it was so FAKE, so contrived, overrehearsed, amateurish...I mean, who was the genius writer who took the script from the John Kerry Handbook of Debate and just changed a few words to fit the issue? I voted for it before I voted against it. Did anyone buy that in 2004? Give me a break!

What was with the "impromptu" walking away from the podium and Forrest Sawyer pretending to be surprised? And the audience shouting? Fake, fake, fake. I think last night was the first time in my life my eyes had rolled so far back in my head they were in danger of sticking.

Teri Hatcher crying in the middle of the street at the end of Desperate Housewives last night was more convincing.

Thoughts?