Thursday, February 02, 2006

Worth every penny:

Considering you could get Newsweek for $20 a year, those less informed look at me cross-eyed when I tell them I subscribe to the Economist, which costs $120 a year. Since it could be argued that news is news, when paying 6x more for the same information it better be pretty damn good. For those that get it you know what I’m talking about when I say it is. For those that don’t check out this article in tomorrows edition on President Bush and his goal of spreading Democracy in the Middle East.

Here is a snip it:

“One reason people on the left object to Mr Bush's “freedom agenda” is that they see it as a veil for something else: an American policy of stomping about the world deposing unfriendly regimes at will. If such a policy existed, it would be wrong. But Mr Bush's agenda so far consists mainly of using the bully pulpit of superpowerdom to extol democracy's virtues.”