Friday, March 17, 2006

I’m not Irish but I love any day that sticks it to the terrorists:

My office is located in midtown near Fifth Avenue and every year on St. Patrick’s Day I love going outside to feel the energy of not only the Irish but also everyone else having a grand old time.

This year I took an extra moment to reflect and think how great it is to see everyone out and about enjoying themselves, our great city and nation despite the constant threat of terrorism. To look at their faces you can see it’s the farthest thing from their mind despite the constant reminder by the media and events around the world.

Whenever I see days like today, March Madness, the Super Bowl and any other event that brings large groups of Americans together I can’t help but to think of that classic Christmas story the “Grinch Who Stole Christmas”.

The nations resolve to not allow the terrorist to ruin the day reminds me of when the Who’s down in Who Ville wake up to find their tree gone. Instead of canceling their celebration they circle and hold hands to show that they are united.

Happy St. Pats Day!