Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Why did I sign that petition again?

Urban Elephants is pointing out that Capital Confidential is reporting that KT McFarland’s camp is planning on filing their petitions to get KT on the “Jobs and Security Party” for the November election so she can run for Senate no matter what happens in the Primary.

As of right now I hope I didn’t make a mistake in signing that petition. If KT was to loose the primary I would hope that she would just bail out. Hillary is expected to win come November anyway and having two Republicans on the ballot will make the probability of defeating Hillary at about the same odds of winning Mega Millions.

Where I would not regret signing the petition is if she won the primary and sat on an extra line on Election Day. Though I don’t think it would make a big difference, the title “Jobs and Security” could get KT some extra votes.